The thematic pages on gender equality contain statistical data on the position of women and men, and gender equality in Finland. The pages comprise key statistical data by theme and links to pages of statistics related to various topics and other data sources.
Statistical data on equality between women and men are also available in the publication Gender Equality in Finland 2021.
Statistics Finland’s statistics are principally based on register and survey data that cover the entire population or age groups. The typical source data is the Population Information System. Thus, statistics on gender equality generally deal with the two legally recognized sexes, women and men.
- 9th Global Forum on Gender Statistics 29 – 31 Aug 2023 (United Nations Statistics Division & Statistics South Africa)
- Total working hours of women and men on the same level for the first time in 2020 to 2021 (Statistics Finland 10 Nov 2022)
- Cases of domestic violence against minors reported to the authorities increased by 6.7 per cent (Statistics Finland 5 Oct 2022)
- Domestic violence increases the use and costs of services (Policy Brief, Article Series of Government's analysis, assessment and research activities 24/202, 22 Aug 2022)
- The impact of the Covid-19 crisis on gender equality in Finland (publication of the Government's analysis, assessment and research activities 2022:46, Description sheet available in English, 31 May 2022)
- Gender Equality in Finland 2021 (statistical publication), Statistics Finland 2021
- She Figures 2021 (European Comission 24 Nov 2021)
- Median earnings of wage and salary earners were EUR 3,217 per month in 2020 (Statistics Finland 11 Oct 2021)
- 8th United Nations Global Forum on Gender Statistics (8GFGS), 30 Sept - 1 Oct 2021
- The life of women and men in Europe - A statistical portrait - 2021 interactive edition (Eurostat 19 Oct 2021)
- Job quality profiles reveal division: men clearly more often in "good jobs" than women. (Tieto&trendit 5 Mar 2021)
- EU Gender Equality Index (EIGE, European Institute for Gender Equality)
- World's Women 2020 (United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs 19 Oct 2020)
- Gender Equality Barometer 2017 (Ministry of Social Affairs and Health 23 Mar 2019)
- Gender statistics (Eurostat Statistics Explained, 8 Mar 2016)
- Over one-half of those with foreign background moved to Finland for family reasons (Statistics Finland / News 15 Oct 2015)
Last updated 6 Oct 2023