Advisory Board of Official Statistics of Finland
The Advisory Board of Official Statistics of Finland acts as a joint forum for authorities producing statistics in order to advance the development policies of Official Statistics and the objectives of the national level coordination of the European Statistical System. The Board has been functioning since 2002. The term of office of the present Board runs from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2023.
Advisory Board's function
The function of the Advisory Board is to
- Promote the national statistical cooperation and develop statistics production in accordance with the development strategy for the statistical ecosystem 2021 to 2023 and the objectives of the European Statistical Programme,
- Promote the implementation of the EU Code of Practice (CoP) and support peer reviews,
- Support the preparation of quality and methodological guidelines and exchange of competence and information,
- Promote the visibility and knowledge of the Official Statistics of Finland,
- Promote the production of uniform, high-quality and reliable official statistics that correspond to customer needs.
The Board can organise seminars and discussions on topical matters it regards as important in the scope of the statistical ecosystem. The Board may also set up sections or working groups for the preparation of its duties.
Ville Vertanen, Deputy Director General, Statistics Finland
- Faiz Alsuhail, Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Saara Saari, National Land Survey of Finland
- Jorma Jantunen, Finnish Environment Institute
- Oona Pentala-Nikulainen, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
- Juha-Pekka Konttinen, Traficom
- Jukka Hoffren, Statistics Finland
- Satu Elho, Statistics Finland
- Tiina Palotie-Heino, Finnish Centre for Pensions
- Minna Rantamäki, Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Vesa Ylönen, Social Insurance Institution of Finland
- Jussi Vasanen, Finnish Immigration Service
- Ilppo Alatalo, Prison and Probation Service of Finland
- Christina Telasuo, National Board of Customs
- Petri Syvänen, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Johanna Lehtimäki, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
- Reetta Moilanen, Statistics Finland
- Mervi Ukkonen, Statistics Finland
Secretary Matti Kokkonen, Statistics Finland.
The Board is entitled to hear experts it considers necessary.