Statistics Finland's activity and finances are steered by the Director General. The activity is organised into four service areas: Information and Statistical Services, Development and Digitalisation, Partnership and Ecosystem Relations, and Enabling Services.
- Information and Statistical Services: Deputy Director General Mari Ylä-Jarkko
- Development and Digitalisation: Deputy Director General Mikko Lindholm
- Partnership and Ecosystem Relations: Deputy Director General Ville Vertanen
- Enabling Services: Deputy Director General Pasi Henriksson
The activities of service areas are arranged into departments and groups.
Information and Statistical Services
- Economic Statistics Department
- Social Statistics Department
- Data Resources Department
- Coordination and methods group
Development and Digitalisation
- Development Services Department
- Technology Services Department
- Digitalisation services group
Partnership and Ecosystem Relations
- Research services group
- Customer relationships and information service group
- Communications and networks group
- Interview data collections group
- Support to information work group
- Finances and planning group
- Human resources and law group
The development of the national statistical service and Statistics Finland is supported by two Advisory Boards.