Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland’s licence service
Statistics Finland aims to guarantee the accessibility of its web services in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement applies to Statistics Finland's licence service at lupa.stat.fi. Separate statements have been made on Statistics Finland's other web services.
State of accessibility
Statistics Finland’s licence service is partially compliant with the requirements of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA. Non-compliances with the requirements are mentioned below.
If you need such content that you cannot use because of deficiencies in accessibility, please contact Statistics Finland's research services. The email address of research services is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to contact us by telephone, call Statistics Finland's information services, tel. +358 29 551 2220.
The content listed below is not yet compliant with the Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- There are shortcomings in the headings of the pages. Heading levels have not been used hierarchically correctly. There are shortcomings especially on the front page of the service and in the data selection tool. The data selection tool has been implemented as a table. The PDF file that applicants can produce from their application in the service is not accessible in structure. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Directions are referred to in the service instructions. The mandatory fields on the application form are marked with an asterisk, but the required fields are not described in words. (WCAG 1.3.3)
- If the user resizes only the text, not all content stays visible on some browsers. (WCAG 1.4.4)
- The content on the catalogue page and the application page does not adjust properly on different devices and displays, but the user may have to scroll the content in two directions. (WCAG 1.4.10)
- The border line of the search field and the border lines of the application page fields do not stand out from the background. (WCAG 1.4.11)
- If the user changes text spacing, part of the text disappears from view on the application page. (WCAG 1.4.12)
- The catalogue sections on the catalogue page cannot be opened with the keyboard. If the applicant is able to search for data with the correct name, the data can be added to the data basket with the keyboard but the catalogue cannot be browsed. It looks like the fields at the beginning of the application form could be supplemented, but the applicant cannot access them with the keyboard or mouse, as the fields have been supplemented automatically and the user cannot change their content. This can be confusing for the user. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- The Go to content link or jump link exists but does not function correctly. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- The titles do not describe the pages of the service properly. The small icon next to the title is the logo of CSC and not of Statistics Finland, which may be confusing for the user. (WCAG 2.4.2)
- The links in the licence service to the different language versions of the service are not clear to all. The link to add email to the settings is unclear. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- The service does not have a search function or a site map, but the service is comprised of four pages only. The data have a specific search function. (WCAG 2.4.5)
- Some headings and labels are not descriptive enough. (WCAG 2.4.6)
- The visual name of the language selections in the licence service and the label name differ from each other. (WCAG 2.5.3)
- When the user writes content in the Search field, the content of the catalogue is updated after each character. If the user makes selections on the application page, the content of the data in the following menus changes based on the previous selection. The user is not warned in advance about these changes. (WCAG 3.2.2)
- The front page and the catalogue are shown to a user who has not logged in, and links to both are visible in the main navigation on both pages. A logged-in user does not see the front page link on the catalogue page and the application page. (WCAG 3.2.3)
- If you enter an email address in the field without the @ sign, you receive an error message “Invalid email address”. The message does not suggest any correction. (WCAG 3.3.3)
- The application page code has many errors. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- The catalogue contains sections that can be opened and closed. No information is conveyed to the assistive devices about the sections to be opened. (WCAG 4.1.2)
The licence service has been implemented by CSC – IT Center for Science. We aim to correct the deficiencies in accessibility together with CSC.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23 June 2022.
We have assessed the accessibility of the service ourselves.
Feedback and contact information
If you notice any deficiencies in the stat.fi web service that are not listed on this page, please let us know about it. We will do our best to correct the deficiencies.
We will respond to your feedback as soon as possible or within two weeks at the latest.
If you notice accessibility problems on the Statistics Finland's licence service, start by giving feedback to us, that is, the website administrator. Receiving a response may take 14 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response from us or if you do not receive any response within two weeks, you may file a report with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The agency website has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish only) on how to file a complaint and how the issue will be processed.
Supervisory authority’s contact information
Southern Finland Regional State Administrative Agency
Supervision unit of accessibility
Saavutettavuusvaatimukset web service (in Finnish and Swedish only)
tel. (switchboard) +358 295 016 000