Grid net for statistics 250 m x 250 m
Grid net for statistics 250 m x 250 m covers whole of Finland. The grid net includes all grid cells in Finland.
The location reference of a grid cell is the coordinates of the bottom left corner of each grid cell. An identifier in accordance with national conventions (consecutive numbering).
A more detailed description of the data can be found in Paikkatietohakemisto.
Auxiliary table for interpreting grid data
Download the Statistics grid 250 m municipality key in CSV format (around 499 Mt) to your computer. You can open the file for example with a spreadsheet program. Then you can select text as the format for column data and the zeros in front of the municipality codes remain in place.
Auxiliary table description
The statistics grid 250 m municipality key includes municipality codes from 2022 onwards yearly. The grid cell gets the code of the municipality that has the largest area in the grid cell. Location information is defined in the EUREF-FIN coordinate system.
- Identification code for statistics grid cell, national consecutive numbering
- Identification code for statistics grid cell, grid cell code according to the INSPIRE specification
- X coordinate in the left bottom corner of the grid cell
- Y coordinate in the left bottom corner of the grid cell
- Municipality code in text format
- Municipality code numerically